British Airways is the flag carrier and the largest airline in the United Kingdom based on fleet size and second largest behind the easyJet in terms of passengers carried. The airline was created in 1974 after a British Board was established by the British Government to manage the two nationalized airline corporations, British Overseas Airways Corporation and British European Airways along with two regional airlines namely Cambrian Airways from Cardiff and Northeast Airline from Newcastle upon Tyne. On March 31st 1974, all four companies were merged to form British Airways.
British Airway Flights
Today the carrier offers the 123,000 customers to fly with it every day with great convenience and luxuries with a home base at London Heathrow making it the world’s busiest international airport. The airline flies to more than 200 destinations in 75 countries across the globe through its premium airports such as Heathrow, Gatwick, and London City, and from 16 UK airports in total. A British Airways aircraft takes off from somewhere in the world in every 90 seconds making it one of the busiest airlines in the world. At present, the airline has a fleet of more than 280 aircraft including A380 and 787 and by 2020 the airline will receive 100 new aircraft. International Airline Group (IAG) is the present company of British Airways and Iberia making it one of the largest cargo carrier networks in the world.
So book flights with British Airways to visit the most enchanting destinations around the world.
Classes of Service
British Airways has a range of classes that offer something for every taste and budget. No matter in which class you choose to travel the airline aim to make your journey a memorable experience.
The Economy Class is packed with comfort and luxuries that you expect from British Airways at an affordable price. Some of the exclusive features offered by the World Traveller Class on flights beyond Europe are:-
- The seats are ergonomically designed and come with adjustable headrest, Lumbar support and recline. You will get a comfy cushion and blanket, flight socks, an eye mask, toothbrush and toothpaste on request
- A whole world of entertainment awaits you on 35% larger flat entertainment screen, in-seat power supply and headphones where you can watch hundreds of films, documentaries, TV Shows etc.
- Enjoy the most delicious delicacies while travelling with British Airways which include complimentary drinks and a delicious assortment of finest food especially prepared for you by the renowned chefs.
- You can even enjoy the service of complimentary bar, hot drinks, juices and water as well.
The airline offers a more comfortable and relaxing experience on long as well as short haul flights on Premium Economy Class. Some of the exclusive features it offers to its passengers includes:-
- Enjoy your travel experience on wide seats with greater recline, lumbar support, head and foot rest with extra legroom to stretch out
- Enjoy great entertainment while travelling on your personal entertainment system with noise cancelling headphones
- Enjoy sitting on comfy cushion and blanket along with an amenity kit with toothbrush, socks and eye mask
- Enjoy uninterrupted entertainment and work with great power supply for your electronic devices
- Enjoy delicious meals with full bar service. Enjoy the bets British offerings in seasonal menus which are created with only the finest locally sourced ingredients
- Enjoy a pre-takeoff drink before you fly along with premium dining experience featuring stylish and contemporary tableware and linen napkins
Travel in great comfort and style with the elite range of services specifically designed for you and offers you an unforgettable travel experience. Some of which include:
- Enjoy your own space to stretch out in privacy with a comfortable chair that converts into a 183 cm fully flat bed with adjustable headrest and lumbar support
- Unlimited power supply for laptops and other electronic devices
- Enjoy the comforts for which British Airways is renowned which includes a mattress topper, duvet, luxurious pillow and blanket which is placed in a bag on the seat to use them as and when required
- Feast your senses with delicious meals with three-course meals to suit every taste along with a range of spirits, soft drinks and expertly sourced Old world and New World Wines
- The whole world of entertainment is at your fingertips. You can enjoy the whole world of entertainment with hundreds of latest films, documentaries, music and TV shows on your personal 10.4-inch flat screen and noise cancelling headphones
- You can even enjoy on-demand service that lets you choose what you want and when you want
- Relax and recharge your batteries before your flight in one of the elegant lounges which provide a range of business facilities including magazines, newspapers, free Wi-Fi etc.
Enjoy the utmost comforts and luxuries along with impeccable service in the most elegant surroundings. Some of the services that you can enjoy over here include:
- Enjoy your own private space with a fully flat bed with a mattress and duvet. Whenever you want some rest turn your seat into a 198 cm fully flat bed with luxurious quilted mattress with crisp white cotton duvet, pillow and a pair of wonderfully soft cotton pajamas
- Enjoy and feel refreshed during your flight with the new exclusive Liberty London amenity kit which is specifically designed for you contacting selected Aromatherapy Associated essentials
- Your suite includes a personal power supply for laptops and other electronic devices
- Enjoy some of the world’s top chefs delicious delicacies that will bring you full restaurant experience at 35,000 feet.
- Enjoy delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner with a classic afternoon tea which is truly fantastic along with a wide selection of fine champagnes, wines and spirits
- The whole world of entertainment just awaits you where you can enjoy endless hours of entertainment with the latest films, documentaries, TV shows and music
- A USB port and RCA jack is just available for you to enjoy your laptop, ipod, camera on bigger screen.
- Relax and recharge your batteries before the flight in one of our elegant departure lounges
- With First Class you can travel as light or as heavy as you like due to ample of baggage allowances which are available for you